Weekends are perfect for spending more time with family and what better way to kick off the weekend then with a great breakfast! Here are some Kid Friendly Weekend Breakfast Ideas.
- If your kids are fans of scrambled eggs, a great alternative than just on a piece of toast is to get a roll, cut off the top and bake in the oven. Once ready, place the scrambled eggs in the centre. We promise, the kids will love it!
- Rather than a boiled egg in a cup, slice the egg and place on top of tomato and muffins.
- For fried eggs, use the edge of a capsicum as the ring in the pan and to serve. The capsicum also adds a beautiful flavour.
- Stack fruit in a mason jar. For more variety include some yoghurt and muesli too.
- Use colourful fruits to create a rainbow on a plate. We recommend blueberries, kiwi fruit, mango and raspberries. Serve with a small bowl of yoghurt and the kids can dip as they please!
- Create fruit skewers. Great on their own or singularly as a side.
- Simple but classic, create a bear by using peanut butter as the spread, banana as the ears and nose and raisins or blueberries as the pupils and tip of the nose.
- Cut a piece of toast into small squares and put different toppings on each like avocado, their favourite spread and fruits.
- You can never go wrong with an egg, bacon and spinach sandwich.
What are your best kid friendly weekend breakfast ideas? For even more creative ideas, have a look at our suggestions for fun lunchbox ideas.